One service that we believe is extremely important in San Diego real estate markets is helping oue listing clients to objectively evaluate their homes for marketability. Some brokerages do a once–over to get the information to put into the various information fields in the listing . However, we go much more into the detail of the features, characteristics and condition of your home.
- Interior features & characteristics – While the number of bedrooms and baths are not something you’ll be changing to compete better with other homes, you do need to objectively compare them in order to end up with a listing price that will get your property sold. Some things I can consider for improvements, others just need to know how your home compares to other homes buyers will be seeing. Other features/characteristics:
- Floor plan
- Built date and obsolescence
- Floors & walls condition, paint, etc.
- Kitchen features
- Room sizes
- Lighting, skylights, windows
- Exterior – That “curb appeal” thing really does mean something. When a prospective buyer first drives up in front of your home, they’re going to get a first impression that is very important.
- Condition – Minor repairs can also make a major difference. Many buyers assume that a need for minor repairs indicates a general lack of fundamental maintenance over time. They’ll discount their offer, if they make one, thinking they’ll have a lot of work to do to bring the home to a good condition.